Today's feature: Sunday's Summary
Well, since the summary really consists of yesterday and today, there's not much to report. I tried to get my hard drive working again to no avail, I've contacted a couple of data recovery firms for quotes, plus, I've reached out to a couple of friends who might be able to help.
I wound up getting very little other than relaxation accomplished today. But I'm OK with that.
Getting to know me...
I am adopted. My parents brought me home from the hospital at five days old, and I've never really had the desire to find my biological parents. At one point my parents told me that my biological parents had been killed in a car crash that resulted in my birth, but I don't know if that is at all true. I think it is odd that it has been said many times that I look like either my father or my mother, since I'm not related to them.
No birthdays today. No new readers.
Boost the signal! Help me expand my readership by recommending me to someone on your friends list who you think would enjoy reading my journal.
Quote of the Day
"You are not paid to work hard. In fact, you are not paid for effort at all. You are paid for results. It's not what you do; it's what you get done." - Larry Winget
Sadly, I wish this were true. More often than not, we are paid for our time.
Site of the Day
Foursquare.com is a neat little social media app that makes a game out of your daily travel. Keep track of your route (it's the mechanism I use to create my Google Maps at the end of the day), become 'Mayor' of those places you visit the most, and just generally keep track of your friends via Twitter/Facebook as it will automatically update your feeds when you check in. Nifty!
There is no route today, I didn't leave the house. Should have, but didn't.
- Spent 20 minutes cleaning house (maintenance)
- Spent 20 minutes cleaning house (catch-up)
- Read 20 minutes
Tomorrow's To Do List
- 10 minutes on my exercise bike
- 10 minutes on the treadmill at the gym
- Spend 20 minutes cleaning house (maintenance)
- Spend 20 minutes cleaning house (catch-up)
- Read 20 minutes
The Time Machine
From 2001 - Some humor...
THINGS TO DO AT WALMART WHILE YOUR FRIENDS/FAMILY TAKE THEIR OWN SWEET TIME
1. Get boxes of condoms & randomly put them in peoples' carts when they aren't looking.
2. Set all the alarm clocks to go off at 10-minute intervals.
3. Make a trail of orange juice on the floor to the rest rooms.
4. Walk up to an employee and tell him/her in an official tone, "I think we have a code 3 in housewares," and see what happens.
5. Put some M&M's on lay away.
6. Move CAUTION WET FLOOR signs to carpet areas.
7. Set up a tent in the camping department, tell others you'll only invite them in if they bring pillows from the bedding department.
8. When someone asks if they can help you, begin to cry and ask, "Why won't you people leave me alone."
9. Look right into the security camera and use it as a mirror while you pick your nose.
10. Dart around suspiciously while humming the theme from 'Mission Impossible.'
11. While handling guns in the hunting department ask the clerk if he knows where the anti-depressants are.
12. In the auto department practice your Madonna look using different size funnels.
13. Hide in the clothing rack and when people browse through whisper "PICK ME! PICK ME!!!!!"
14. When an announcement comes over the loud speaker assume the fetal position and scream "NO! NO! It's those voices again!"
15. Go to the fitting room and yell real loud....."Hey we're out of toilet paper in here!"
Things not covered elsewhere
Talked with Dad & Marlene today, they're planning on visiting some time in either September/October. Will keep everyone posted, I will probably host a dinner while they're here.
Ciao for now.